Installing cold air intake

88donutking88

donutking
Is installing a cold air intake system fairly simple or should i consider taking it into a shop rather thatn do it myself?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's the second easiest mod to do, only a short ram intake is easier, hehe. Do it yourself, go for it! You'll feel alot more satisfaction doing it yourself than paying someone else to do it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
My short ram took about 10 minutes, and I never modded an import till then.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
take it to me ill do it for $60 an hour so itll take me like 10 min so thats $6. do it yourself you gotta start somewhere.

ltrain

its easy u just take off the stock air box and front bumper to remove the resonator (part of the intake system), then u install the intake. if u lived in long island id do it for free to show u, depending how quick u take off the front bumper itll take like 15 minutes

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You don't need to take off the front bumper. You can just take off the front pass. side wheel and remove the fenderliner to do it also. That's what I did to install my AEM CAI. I don't like the idea of taking off the whole bumper because form experience of taking off and reinstalling panels from all over many cars, they never go back on as tight fitting or lined us as well as they were before you take them off. And plastic fasteners like to break no matter how careful you try to be with them.

Last edited: