Integra noooob, need radio code and springs suggestions

larp

bay area chillin
alright, so i bought my first car this morning and it happens to be a 93 Integra GS :D
first of all, my radio won't let me play anything because it says it needs a code(?) and i have no idea how to get my hands on that code.. i called the guy i bought it from but he didn't know either :shock: so how am i suppose to find that out without buying a new deck?

and my other question is.. how do i go about lowering it? more than likely no more than 2 inches.. would i have to buy new springs?

EDIT//

my integra

Last edited:

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
well the code for the radio is normally in the manual that comes with the car and its hand written on one of the pages, as far as lowering goes theres 2 options id recommend. 1 buy lowering springs to put in place of the stock ones. or buy coilovers..

oh and post pics :nopics:

kuro300

LTDI racing
... dump the radio.. if you do not have the code...
and coilovers I dont think you should just do springs cause you will blow your shocks after while and you can pick up a good pair of coilovers for around 3 to five bills ..

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
if it's a factory radio, call the dealer

... dump the radio.. if you do not have the code...
and coilovers I dont think you should just do springs cause you will blow your shocks after while and you can pick up a good pair of coilovers for around 3 to five bills ..
Where are you finding these coilovers for 3-500?

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
uh, ive never seen coil overs that cheap. i know the skunk2 pro-s coilovers are for like 750 and form and function coil overs are around that same price

larp

bay area chillin
uh, ive never seen coil overs that cheap. i know the skunk2 pro-s coilovers are for like 750 and form and function coil overs are around that same price
ok so i'm guessing coilovers are gona be a little pricey.. what are the disadvantages to just buying and installing new springs?

if it's a factory radio, call the dealer
i just got off the phone with the dealer, and they told me even if i have the serial number of the radio, they don't allow them give them the code over the phone... i guess this a new thing? i've been seeing everywhere that people have been gettin em this way, but it seems like they stopped doing that..

Last edited:

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
ok so i'm guessing coilovers are gona be a little pricey.. what are the disadvantages to just buying and installing new springs?
Well, I got my Eibach Ground Control coilover sleeves for $180, and a brand new set of KYB GR2 shocks for $100 from members on forums. I'm a big fan of buying from other enthusiasts. Just thought I'd throw that option, hunting for a good deal.

Springs are relatively inexpensive, but you will need new shocks that can handle lowering springs. Otherwise your stock shocks won't be able to take it and eventually blow. I've heard of people going for a while on stock shocks and being fine, but I've also heard of people blowing them in a week. Just my input :thumbs up

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere

i just got off the phone with the dealer, and they told me even if i have the serial number of the radio, they don't allow them give them the code over the phone... i guess this a new thing? i've been seeing everywhere that people have been gettin em this way, but it seems like they stopped doing that..
you probally need to go there with the car and proof of ownership

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Disadvantages are you oem shocks will blow, oem shocks can handle 1.3 drop. You need to match the springs you want to the shocks. Coilover are better but expensive. Let your budget dictate what set up you can get. Most popular set up is koni and ground controls, you can pick your own spring rates too.

I think new policy now is you half to go up to Acura and have your vin number to get code, but I also herd they don't carry the codes anymore cuz the integra is a 10+ year old car.Mine didn't work when I got mine but I was lucky I found my code in my manual and in the trunk,by spare tire.
Imo I would just put in new cd player