is there a posting here for installing back speakers?

itsferny09

i am trying to install some speakers in the back side seats of my coupe and i am not sure how to take out the panel to get to the speaker. can some one point me in the right direction?
speakers are polk audio db651 in case your wondering

Penten

Or you can try popping the grill off and muscling it in but that didn't work for me. :/

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Flat head screwdriver, pry it out from a corner or side. Wont have much room to work with though for anything other than the oem if all the stock mounting is there just missing a speaker. You'll need to remove the whole quarter panel plastic otherwise unless youre just gonna wedge the speaker in and screw it in with taps.

Bobbycoleman

i am trying to install some speakers in the back side seats of my coupe and i am not sure how to take out the panel to get to the speakers. can some one point me in the right direction?
speakers are polk audio db651 in case your wondering
Hello I am looking for some help in installing back speakers. Are you finished with your speaker installation and give some useful information?

Last edited:

dlo253

It would help if we knew what car u had.....

gsr_nikhil

If its a two door you have to take out the inner quarter panels. Also, there is black foam surrounding the oem speaker so if your after market is slightly bigger in diameter then you'll have to cut the black foam away. Its a pain in the ass but worth it if you're into sound/sound quality :)

As far as installing goes, just google it. There are shit tons of write-ups on this