is there a way to check how/what with my car was tuned with?

nomoreavril

so, I semi-recently purchased a gen 2 with an lsvtec. so far has been VERY reliable and VERY fun to drive. i never hit 8k, but other than that there are no ways to tell what all has been done to this car. it seems to be done legit.

PO says the other PO tuned it. i know it's true because here are options i have noticed:
CEL shift light somewhere around 8k
o2 delete
vtec solenoid delete (the single wire plug on the solenoid has nothing hooked up to it)

the cel works still as oem, and the computer is throwing no codes at this moment. vtec hits high at i think 5.5k. assuming they set this themselves because of the mods. it's got a skunk2 intake manifold(forget which type). guess they wanted to push the powerband up.

b18c1 head b18b1 block. ls tranny :( i lost my list of mods as there are a ton.

anywho. i basically want to see if theres a way to tell which software was used to tune my car. and from there, possibly see what options were set.

nomoreavril

sorry, i should be more specific, its the oil pressure switch ON the solenoid that has been bypassed. the solenoid itself is still there :)

96LSteg

Jemel
You could take it to a tuner and they should be able to tell you...the PO didn't know what it was tuned on?

96LSteg

Jemel
You should probably ask. That's something you need to know lol

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Is the ECU OBD0 or OBD1? Theres really no specific way to tell without downloading the binary from the rom and then trying to import it into one of the many rom editors.

Sometimes the "canned tunes" will have a sticker on the chip. If there is additional hardware in the ECU, such as Moates Demon or Hondata then that will be an obvious clue as well.