looking at geting an 89 ls

bftrocks19

Okay well im new to integras ive always liked them just never had the money to get one. So the other day i saw a 89 ls for 400 bucks the only thing is, it needs the head put back on. the guy said it ran really good till the head gasket blew so he got a gasket kit and took the head off and never put it back together.So do you think i should snag it up and fix it, or just let it go.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
you can get a perfect 2nd gen for around 1-2k whats ur budget? are you looking for a new car or just saw this one and thinking about picking it up?

bftrocks19

its not a lot alittle less then 1k i would like to get a 2g but there hard to come by around here that haven't been beet to hell. i just want something to tinker with right now then get a 2g later.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
id tell him to put the head back on and pay like 500 for it

bftrocks19

i can put the head on thats not a problem Ive replaced head gaskets on other cars before I'm just wondering if its worth getting or not

89teggie

89teggie
as long as the car runs and is in decent shape, its worth 5 or 600 bucks. but if its not running, or needs to be put together, jew him down if u want it.

bftrocks19

yeah i was planing on offering him like 350 for it cause the cars in really good shape. There no rust, the interior is really clean, and it comes with a lot of extra parts.The car just seems to have a lot of potential.