Loud squealing

Dwood24

I just picked up a 2000 GSR with aftermarket Jackson supercharger. It has 75,000 original miles. I am a first time import owner so Im still learning.
When I give it too much acceleration, I get a loud squealing noise sounding like its coming from the belts. Like I said, I'm new to the game. Any advice would be cool. Thanks

Dwood24

It's doesn't sound anything like that. It almost sounds like I someone dumped a bucket of water on the belts.

cdn_R050

Check the condition of all your belts, if you see tiny lil cracks in the grooves of any of the belts then you have crusty belts and you should replace them.

If belts are in good condition check the tension on your belts, if they are too tight they could squeal, but my feeling is at least one belt is bad.

Oem belts are great, but if you are going aftermarket I would suggest getting the gator back belt, it really quiets everything up and they run very nicely, the belts have grooves that run parallel to the regular grooves, which resembles alligator skin hence the name gator back.

I had a vehicle with a noisy belt and I replaced it 3 times under warranty and always had the same squeaky sound when driving, finally I tried a gator back, and never had the problem ever again.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk