Low compression

K1S3R13

I have a 1993 integra ls automatic and I put the head back on the b18 after rebuilding it and the transmission. I did a compression test and all the cylinders have 30psi. Is that the head not torqued down properly or bent valves because I thought the timing was right but was off a tooth could I have bent the valves. It hasnt started since I put the head back on but have tried to crank it.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
with compression that low it sounds liek something is hosed for sure...

could be any of the things you mentioned.. could also be an improperly installed head gasket, could be bad rings, could be timing being off.

When you cranked it did you do so by hand or did you actually turn it over from the ignition. when reassembling an engine after major repairs it is best to hand crank so you do not do something silly like bend a vale etc...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
When a comp test is that low I suspect the test is being done wrong. Was the throttle wide open during the comp test? Battery fully charged? If youre confident the comp test was done right then you have major air escaping the valves. Since ALL cylidners are equally low thats not a bent valve, its more likely the tbelt is not installed correctly.

emd513

Did you have it machined. I had the same thing g happen when I did mine. If your positive timing is set right move your cam gears one tooth forward towards the front of the car and then recheck your compression. If your were right on timing this will not hurt anything internally as it is just 10 degrees. If your compression shows a bump up then your head was shaved so much or block that your going to have to re degree your cams. Which I'm working on now. Pretty much you will have to act like you have installed a set of aftermarket cams. It took me a week to figure this out Nd still had trouble finding the specs on the cams so i can do this. I currently have mine set at 5 teeth forward since my head was machined so much. Now to do it if your not familiar with degreeing you will need to by a degree wheel and gauge so you can find the right peak lift points. If you move it one tooth and it does nothing then you have your head installed wrong. I have seen a guy install one and not get it over the locating pins just right and caused the same problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

emd513

Yeah I know. I don't even have warning marks anymore. That's why I'm telling him what I had to do. Its still drives just never has enough power actually makes less then factory cause of it even with a port n polish. Sux but I have a b16 head I'm doing and another block im playing with so if she blows no biggie to me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2