Low Idle

Kredkillerz

Hey guys I have a 89 integra ls with an extremely low idle. I'm talkin 5-700 low. I was wondering if any new/could tell me how to turn the idle up.

96LSteg

Jemel
That is where it should be idling after warm up if im not mistaken (~700). Why would you want to turn it up?

Kredkillerz

[ QUOTE=96LSteg;1301295]That is where it should be idling after warm up if im not mistaken (~700). Why would you want to turn it up?[/QUOTE]

Cause the car won't stay started without me holding my foot on the gas at around 1000 rpms so usually every time I go to start my car I have to sit in it and hold the petal down for about 2mins before I can even put it into gear and move it.

96LSteg

Jemel
Thats just due to the cold weather Im assuming. The thing is when it warms up you will have to go back and adjust it again. To asnwer your question there should be an idle screw on your throttle body most likely covered by some type of RTV (or calking for lack of a better term). I believe if you loosen it (turn to the left) you increase RPM and if you tighten it (turn to the right) you decrease the RPM.

Kredkillerz

Okay. So I should probably just stick through the winter and see what happens an then change it after that if it's still an issue?