lowering and camber questions

pinkley

b@115D33p
when i first bought my car it already have adjustable coil overs on it and the car was pretty much sitting on the ground. all the tires were all bald on the insides. i bought some cheap used tires and had an alighnment done. at the time i didnt know that you couldnt adjust the camber on these cars. the shop wanted to charge me $125 per wheel (installed) for a camber kit. being new to these cars i had no idea what the normal price for a camber kit would be and i wasnt wanting to spend that type of money at the time so i had them raise the coil overs back up to where the camber was in a non tire killing position. it raised up 2-3". im wanting to lower the car back down to where it was so im going to buy the skunk2 kit,

my question is what - or + camber is ok to roll with without messing up my new tires,will i be able to lower my car two to three inches with this skunk2 kit without bad camber.

pinkley

b@115D33p
I'm sure if I said I was buying a eBay camber kit I would have had 20 comments telling me to save my money for a skunk2 kit. Lol

dc2_2NR

Ricer!
You get what you pay for man... I would save up for the S2's or some Blox or something... Worth it in the long wrong... My homies integra is slammed 2.5 inches on ground control and he really needs a camber kit.... It looks broken lol.

pinkley

b@115D33p
You get what you pay for man... I would save up for the S2's or some Blox or something... Worth it in the long wrong... My homies integra is slammed 2.5 inches on ground control and he really needs a camber kit.... It looks broken lol.

Already bought both. Skunk2 and blox.

pinkley

b@115D33p
I really didnt take too many pics. i was too worried about getting it done. i worked midnights last night and got off at 6 this morning, drove up to STL to meet s fellow CI member (DC4twokone) to buy a cargo cover from him. messed around in the city for awhile. got home at 3:30 and started on it. rusted and siezed bolts later i got done around 8:00. running on no sleep! well here are pics. adjustable Skunk2 upper control arms and BLOX rear camber kit.

BEFORE

AFTER

getting a alighnment and new tires for my 15s tomorrow. whoot!

Boxy

Damn all you need is to get rid of those steelies and you'll have a SSS car :p

I wish I had the money for coilovers + camber kit, my car would look beautiful slammed :/

pinkley

b@115D33p
Damn all you need is to get rid of those steelies and you'll have a SSS car :p

I wish I had the money for coilovers + camber kit, my car would look beautiful slammed :/
Steelies will be gone tomorrow! :thumbs up

I got lucky because it had eibach coil overs on it when I bought it. And just figured out today that there are skunk2 coils on it. I sold all kinds of shit on eBay and craigslist and saved the money to buy everything. Tomorrow I'm getting new tires and a alignment.

It just takes time bother. There would be no fun in it if you could just go out and buy everything you want right off the bat. You would get board of it quick. Kinda like my old s10. Worked all throughout highschool and spent every dime I had on my truck. I got board of it and sold it.

Boxy

Steelies will be gone tomorrow! :thumbs up

I got lucky because it had eibach coil overs on it when I bought it. And just figured out today that there are skunk2 coils on it. I sold all kinds of s*** on eBay and craigslist and saved the money to buy everything. Tomorrow I'm getting new tires and a alignment.

It just takes time bother. There would be no fun in it if you could just go out and buy everything you want right off the bat. You would get board of it quick. Kinda like my old s10. Worked all throughout highschool and spent every dime I had on my truck. I got board of it and sold it.
Yeah I guess you're right, what kinda wheels you got planned? Can't wait to see 'em!

pinkley

b@115D33p
Yeah I guess you're right, what kinda wheels you got planned? Can't wait to see 'em!
Nothing special. Picked them up on the cheap off of Craigslist in STL. $200 Exel 15x7 15"s. I think they will look good. It's a cheap rim but oh well. Couldnt pass up $200 rims that were flawless