main relay

robbiediezel

hi i have a 91 integra.. its been running just fine till the other day it wouldnt start on me. The motor cracks over but will not start.. i have changed the coil checked that it was getting fuel and both seemed good. I check the main relay and when i checked one of the wires of the 8 did not light up my test light. does anyone know what wires do what in the main relay? does anyone have a diagram or something?
thank you

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
easy test for your main relay... turn the key to the ON position but do not start the car... CEL should come on for about 2 seconds followed by an audible click (this click is the main relay) CEL should shut off and you will hear the fuel pump whir for a few seconds as well. do this 5-10 times consecutively... if there is no click when the CEL shuts off then you have a failing main relay. if you do not get the click every time you do this test you should replace the relay...

Also do a resistance test on the coil you replaced there is a 50/50 chance it was bad out of the box... have had more than 1 aftermarket coil be shot brand new off oreilly's shelf.