Missed for 10 minutes

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I didnt' drive the thang for 5 days because I been suspended from work. I went to drive it yesterday to get food, and it sounded like it was running on all 3. I revved it at roughly 1k since I don't have a tach till it stopped sputtering. Then it just ran fine, lol what happend?

This leads me to another question I have, sometimes if I stall the car while at a stoplight(USER ERROR OF COURSE) It won't start back up for like 30 seconds, smells like fuel is being unused when I keep cranking it. Could the fact that I have the thing full open exhaust be the problem?

heykosal

Angkorian
You didn't drive the THANG? really? The thang...

And you meant all 4 right?

Anyways, maybe it's time for a tune-up? The first thing I would check are plugs/wires. Is it throwing any CELs?

And what do you mean full open exhaust? Are you running open header?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I have exhaust from down bot back, so not cat and no catback. I just gave it a tune up, and I was joking with the all 3. And my tach hasn't worked since I got the car. I never was able to figure out problem. I changed my cluster, still nothing

slacker

Slackin since '88
Yeah either your fuel pump is about to die, or your fuel is contaminated from sitting? Did you change out the fuel filter?

I really don't think it is a water in tank or contaminated fuel issues.. its only been 5 days.. I have had cars sit all winter long outside in Michigan and they start right back up 6 MONTHS later.

I would guess you have a tune up issue..

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, Fuel filter

could have a fouled plug and when u "reved it up" you just cleared it out.. That makes alot of sense.

As for the tach, its either a bad tach, not hooked up properly in the back or something to that. Pull the cluster and see