motor mount insert replacements

Zingdowa

Here's another dumb question for the peanut gallery.. I have an auto 92 da1 with an obvious mount insert issue.. I can't really swing new mounts all around so when I saw this in the store

http://www.clubintegra.com/store/energy-suspension-motor-mount-inserts_mp80.html

It seemed like the answer to all my problems.. buut the only options are stated specifically for manual..

One question is, are there any differences between the inserts for manual and automatic motors?

Aand I understand that the most kosher way to go about this would be to replace the inserts all around, if possible of course. And if not, then to just replace the mounts themselves. But seeing as how my drivers side insert is visably deteriorated, would it be a completely horrid decision to just replace that one itself, my money situation reverses itself? Iffin its even possible, of course..

Thanks for takin the time to read through this long winded thread. And any input whatsoever would be radical!

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
you can get away with replacing just the bad mount... as long as the others aren't torn through they should be fine

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Look into 3M polyurethane window filler. You can fill up your old mounts and its cheap.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it is stiff if you use the window filler, maybe too stiff for your personal tastes, and you need the downtime for it to cure.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Honestly Ive never used it. If you can find a durometer rating then I suppose you could get an idea. But its a cheap DIY option.