my car hates the rain

beatupda9

everytime it rains my car does not start it cranks but will not start

it started today its a clear night

what would you guys say my problem is

phatintegra

Banned
I'm guessing spark voltage is arcing to the engine metal rather that to the spark plug because of worn out spark plug wire insulation. You may be able to observe this when the engine is running at night in a dark location when it is wet outside by opening the hood and observing for arcs jumping out from the spark plug wires. The distributor cap could also be cracked which can also short the voltage to ground. So my first suggestion is to replace the spark plug wires and look carefully at the distributor cap for any signs of a crack. Then report back.

rockadilla

thats right.
happened to my sisters civic quite a few times, i think it was the alternator or some other electical part got water in it and just wouldnt work :/ sorry i cant be more help but it was about 3 years ago i fixed it and i cant remember what i replaced :(

beatupda9

the rotor was bad and now i have a new problem one of the wires in the distributer snapped off under the rotor so yeah im F*cked

beatupda9

i found out its the ignition module im grabbin one thursday

i have 297k on the body 97k on the engine and trans so im thinkin i might run into some more things on the way

Kinta94

After it rains open your hood and look for water check around the battery, the starter, the alternator, check for loose wires, replace your dizzy and get new spark plugs and wires that should solve your issue

edit. Just saw you found the problem it's still reccomended to change your wires and sparkplugs