My first Integra

therjackson

Hey, I just purchased my first Integra last night, a 1990 ls. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what the first things are to check out, like whats going to go bad or may already be so that I can most effectively use my money to make the car reliable. I cant wait to get into working on and building it. Thanks a lot

j13

Keep It Clean
Hey, I just purchased my first Integra last night, a 1990 ls. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what the first things are to check out, like whats going to go bad or may already be so that I can most effectively use my money to make the car reliable. I cant wait to get into working on and building it. Thanks a lot

You want to check what could need replacing your car...shouldn't you of thought about that before you bought the car?

Well look for any leaks, if its an automatic, check if it shifts thru all the gears

If its a 5spd check if it grinds in any gears.

Jack up the front of your car and check if their is any play or "movement" in the wheels side to side.

Welcome man. Post some pics :thumbs up

j13

Keep It Clean
Check these things:

coolent level
oil level
tranny fluid
filter and see if it needs cleaning or replacement.
all the fuses and make sure they're all good

Do a full tune-up. If you don't know when was the last time it has had a tune-up, than do one.

Air Filter, Belts, Distributor Cap/rotor, Spark Plug, Fuel Cap, Fuel Filter, Oil Drain Plug/Gasket, Oil/Oil Filter, Oxygen Sensor, Radiator Cap, Thermostat.

paoloDa92

full tune up. oil change. check the brakes. errthang. clean the engine bay.

now for mods
1. drop. dont go cheap
2. cold air intake
3. header
4. full exhaust

clean thee interior!