My Integra doesn't go over 2500 RPM !!!

shafey

Hi everyone,

I have an Integra 1991 LS. Recently, the car doesn't want to go over 2500 RPM. when i press the gas pedal, and the RPM goes to 2500 RPM , the engine stalls and makes a loud sound. It's as if there is not enough fuel going to it.

I had it checked by regular mechanics. everyone suggested something changed. I ended up changing the Fuel pump, the Fuel filter, the spark plugs. Finally, the distributor was burned and i had to replace it as well. but still the main problem remains.

Please help me. what could be the problem.

HK254

Look at your sensor clips. The wires may have seperated from the clip especially look at the sensor on the throttle body. The same thing happened to my Integra.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Sorry i posted in your other thread with out reading here. Id pick one thread to post i. For help, its less confusing.

Id check the injectors, codes, map sensor, and anything else anyone else can think of

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Im surprised there are no codes. Is your check engine light on? Does the light turn on when you turn on the car if it doesn't maybe the bulb is out. Get us some codes if you have any. Weird problem...-Aaron

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
check your timing, check the tps and map sensor

leftyfork

Automatic transmission Acura cars that will not exceed 31MPH have a seized one way clutch, and the transmission is toast.

M.R.'s93DA

sounds like its in limp mode. unplug ur battery, touch the cables together and plug battery back in to reset your ECU.