Need Clutch Diagnosis..need Hellpp!!!!!

jenktj93

On My 93 Gs I Have A Cable Clutch That Has Been Giving Me Problems.
I Press The Clutch Start The Car Fr The First Time. The Clutch Does Not Return After I Take My Foot Off. I Replace The Assist Spring But With That I Have To Use The Tip Of My Foot To Fully Put The Clutch In Its Rest Position. I Can Feel The Spring Pop The Clutch Back Up. Its Like A Free Play Between The Point Before Putting Pressure On The Clutch And The Rest Point.
Basically I Use The Tip Of My Foot And Can Move The Clutch Pedal Back And Forth. But I Do Feel The Spring Kick In As I Pull Up.
furthermore, When I Put Pressure Down Then Put The Car In First And Release, The Clutch Take Its Time To Come Back Up. I Accelerate Very Slow Gradually Every Time Every Gear.
After About 15 Min Of Driving Like This The Clutch Eventually Starts To Act Normal. Even The Spring Starts To Work.
I Press The Clutch It Returns With My Foot Then Waits Like A Sec Or So Then The Spring Pops It Back To The Resting Point. It Gets Smoother As I Drive More.
I Can Never Drive If The Car Is Cold. It Feels Like The Clutch Needs Lube Or Something . But It Works Fine After A While Of Driving. Maybe The Clutch Cable Needs To Be Replaced. That Was A Suggestion Of My Mechanic.

I wonder f the fork or pivot is bad.. Otherwise maybe you have a bad clutch cable and the cable is worn inside of the sheath...

I would start with a new clutch cable, and lubing the arm, and all other linkage parts... if that don't help u may have to remove the trans to see inside if there is any problems.

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
yeah I would say its the pivot too... and correct cable tranies dont have hydrolic coponents
lol yeah cable shouldnt have either.

pivot.

check the clutch while youre on the subject since the pedal doesnt return fully you may be burning it up. its ment to be open or engaged no middle man lol.

best of luck please keep us updated.

jenktj93

Thanks Guys I Will Change The Clutch Cable Tomorrow ...what Has Me Confused Is That It Works Perfectly Fine When Im 20 Min Into Driving Around. I Also Noticed Orange Residue (rust) On The End Of The Clutch Near The Tranny

jenktj93

fixed it. it was the cable. i damaged the clutch a little though it doesnt burn out anymore... they told me they can change the clutch for 275 i have tobuy the parts ,, is that a good price ?