Need gasket for coolant bleeder housing

MikeK

Hello

First time posting, this site seems awesome and is filled with lots of good info to help me keep my Integra going.

1991 Acura Integra LS 4 Door

I have a leak from the gasket that goes between the housing with the bleeder screw and the engine head/block. I can't find any good parts schematics/diagrams to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or have a part number. That would be AWESOME :).

Does anyone know of good site(s) that have schematics/diagrams for my integra?

I just found it, it's a water outlet cover gasket. Mabey this will help someone else. Sorry for wasting forum space.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/FEL0/35535/01378.oap?year=1991&make=Acura&model=Integra&vi=1000236&ck=Search_01378_1000236_-1&pt=01378&ppt=C0026

Thanks,
Mike K

Last edited:

Crusty_Cowboy

I cut one from a Mountain Dew 12 pack box and used it. That was a year ago and still no leaks. Shade tree mechanic style...but it works.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
So your talking about the thermostat housing? Lol.

If you want to make your own gasket, run to oriellys and talk to the clerk.

They don't shelf em but I go there and have done it personally.

They have roll stock of all types of "gasket material" that's the keyword.

From basic paper gasket material to hardcore full race rubber gasket material. Even paper/rubber blends.

If it's something as simple as that, I always make my own gaskets. s***. I've even done it for oil pans without a problem.

Oh and there cheapest roll, probably $5 for 2sq. Ft.

I can make like 15 throttlebody gaskets out of 1 roll.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The factory service manual says to use Hondabond to create the seal. Honda does not offer a gasket for this part. However I cut my own out of gasket paper.

Sammich

pic of it? if i'm thinking about what you're thinking about...i believe advance auto has it...i bought one myself