Need help. Flickering oil light.

HoodratDc4

My oil light is flickering when I brake but not in idle nor while I'm driving. I checked the oil and I have plenty of oil it's actually full.

jtkc

fix the issue yet?

if not fixed
do you have a fram oil filter installed?
does the rear defroster still work?
any issues with wiper operation ?
seatbelt operation issues?
first
buy the sensor just in case and if fram oil filter buy n oem honda acura brand filter or wix brand
is oil pan dented?
then
buy an oil pressure gauge or oil pressure test kit (harbor frieght sells for 25 bucks)

get the oil pressure from the test kit or gauge
if thats within normal ranges
then you need to probably start looking at a faulty ICU module( behind fuseblock in drivers side kick panel )
or bad or clogged oil filter, another possibility is the oil pick up in pan could be clogged

phatintegra

Banned
fix the issue yet?

if not fixed
do you have a fram oil filter installed?
does the rear defroster still work?
any issues with wiper operation ?
seatbelt operation issues?

What does that has to do with the Oil light flickering?

first
buy the sensor just in case and if fram oil filter buy n oem honda acura brand filter or wix brand
is oil pan dented?
then
buy an oil pressure gauge or oil pressure test kit (harbor frieght sells for 25 bucks)

get the oil pressure from the test kit or gauge
if thats within normal ranges
then you need to probably start looking at a faulty ICU module( behind fuseblock in drivers side kick panel )
or bad or clogged oil filter, another possibility is the oil pick up in pan could be clogged

First of all could be a bad oil switch or the pick up tube is clogged that is required to remove the oil pan and the baffle plate. or it could be your rod bearings and you can check them once you remove the baffle plate and the pick up tube.

Last edited:

jtkc

No I never use Fram, it was what I thought. The icu was faulty, I replaced the oil pressure sensor and filter also rear defrost was not working, intermittent wipers weren't either

tapatalk