need help with gauge wiring harness

lodown

I have searched for some answers and haven't come up with much that helps. I have a 91 DB1 that was originally an automatic it has had a manual swap done. My issue is that the gauge wiring harness had gotten hot and melted in several spots. I bought the car as a project and was originally told it was the engine harness that had melted. I found a donor car at the local pull a part (92 factory manual) and was able to get both the engine harness and gauge harness. The engine harness is a done deal no issues there. My issue is with the gauge harness. All the plugs hooked up except one, that being the white (clear) plug (at the fuse panel). The manual plug is smaller than the auto plug. Can I make the manual harness work by tracing wires and repining the auto plug. I figured the extra wires were for probably for the auto tranny. I went back to the pull a part to get the fuse block and plugs to do the complete swap but was to late it had gone to scrap. I will take a pic of the different plugs tomorrow. Thanks for any help.

lodown

here are the plugs I'm referring to

manual plug on the left and auto on the right

manual plug

auto plug

Last edited: