Need help with swap ran into problems

Gsrman93

Okay so here this is what's going on I had a 94 purple 4 door manual Gsr but the body was rotting away so I wanted to do a shell swap so I found this green 4 door ls and I swapped motors in it the engine is inside the green shell now which is a 99 I tried to swap it all over all was going well till I got the the wire harness part. I bought a jumper for my old ecu which is an obd1 to jump it to a obd2 now what kind of harness do I need ? It's a 94 engine inside a 99 shell so I am going from a obd1 to obd2 but I need help I'm stuck.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Does your state connect to the Ecu for OBD2 inspection? Something you need to consider before proceeding.

96LSteg

Jemel
You just need to either swap the engine harness with the one from you rotted shell (which would be free) or you can convert all parts on the motor to OBD2 (dizzy and sensors)

Gsrman93

Thanks for getting back to me first of all muck man I have hookups to by pass all that stuff . I know people . And 96lsteg the only problem is if I was to stick to that I would have to strip the entire car and go into the dash and what not. I was honestly thinking trade shells for shells go back to obd1 but I wanted to be the only 4 door Gsr around here. But this has become a big hassle.

96LSteg

Jemel
You need to use the OBD1 engine harness or you need to use an Ecu adapter harness.
wouldnt he also need to swap parts out for obd2 parts (like the distributor, and various sensors) since he has a obd1 motor in a 2 shell?

Gsrman93

Well my question was gonna be can I use the obd2 harness I got for the body and then I have my old Gsr harness to which is odb1 can I snip things off that harness and put them onto the obd2 harness to make them fit or does it sadly not work like that and I am gonna have to rip out my whole dash board for the obd1 harness cause that's what I was told.