Need some help. car won't start

Sorcerer

Ok i have a 92 acura integra. i did a jdm b20b swap with gsr tranny about a year and a half ago. car has been a beast since. however recently i let my brother borrow my car and he somehow managed to blow the head gasket. i hauled it home and broke it down to change head gasket. i bought an entire upper half rebuild kit and threw it together. changed timing belt, tensioners ect while i had it all broke down as well just to prevent a future issue. once we got it all back together, it would crank over but would not fire up. acted like it wanted to fire occasionally but would never fire. so we checked a few things. i have amazing compression, i've got fuel, i have spark but it's really faint spark. so i started with the cheap things, new plug wires, and plugs, still have spark but its REALLY faint. so i broke down and dropped 2 bills on a new distributor figuring that was the problem. finally got the distributor ordered and in, went today to put it on, got it all put together, and now when i turn the key nothing happens other then the starter clicking once or twice. it rolled over perfectly fine before i took the old distributor off a couple weeks ago. my brother said the battery was probably just dead, so ithrew it on charge while i ran to town earlier, it shows fully charged. yet still all i get when i turn the key is the starter clicking. also put the old distributor back on just to make sure that wasn't the cause, also still just clicks now. has the starter went bad over 2 weeks of sitting there? or is there something else that could be wrong i'm missing? i'd hate to drop another 2 bills on a starter as around here they range anywhere from 99-189$. thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that attempts to help me on this. i greatly appreciate all the help as i'm dying to get this thing back on the road. if any other information about the car is needed just ask and i'll gladly reply with it.