need some help with power mirrors, windows

dailytegra

okay so when i got the car the drivers side window motor would whine but window wouldnt move now it wont whine at all so left and right windows dont work but right side falls like two inches then stops also power mirrors dont move with button and my heater dont work but im pretty sure its the blower fan because when i turn it on it revs up nut the fan wont move so no blowing air of any sort theres an annoying beeping that starts and goes away sometimes supper annoying and i want to know does my sunroof come with gutters or is it a seal because i get water in my car and i thought it was my antenna hole but i sealed it and i still get a little water? some one with crucail advice please help i want to make this a really good daily im good at body work and ive basically takin care of all that. just have no clue with electrical and i do have a owners manual:::x

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
ok spacing and paragraphs are helpful for 1...

now to address yourt issues... Sunroof does have drainage holes tat run down through tubes and drain near the mudflpas in front and back... They can plug up, or even become disconnected and cause water drainiage into the vehicle.

your electrical issue sounds to me like a failing ICU module ( not iginition control, but interior control) it controls alot of the systems like windows, blower, etc... I'd suspect that module may be bad.

Also when looking at electrical stuff CHECK ALL GROUNDS... believe it or not when these cars have a bad ground, it can have some pretty crazy results on how it affects different systems...

TegraTiger

OMG electrical nightmare

okay so when i got the car the drivers side window motor would whine but window wouldnt move now it wont whine at all so left and right windows dont work but right side falls like two inches then stops also power mirrors dont move with button and my heater dont work but im pretty sure its the blower fan because when i turn it on it revs up nut the fan wont move so no blowing air of any sort theres an annoying beeping that starts and goes away sometimes supper annoying and i want to know does my sunroof come with gutters or is it a seal because i get water in my car and i thought it was my antenna hole but i sealed it and i still get a little water? some one with crucail advice please help i want to make this a really good daily im good at body work and ive basically takin care of all that. just have no clue with electrical and i do have a owners manual:::x
OK, dude. You have a common problem that thousands of Integra owners suffer from. :oops:
Let's address them one at a time:

Water Leakage
There are 2 sources of common water leakage into the passenger compartment:
  1. One is from a clogged drainage tube for the sunroof. To unclog it you'll need to get creative here and trace down (using the manual) where the tube openings are located, then make a long wire to clear out the problem blockage. You could also try using Drain-O to unclog the blockage, use a spray bottle, but then you'll have to wash it all away with water. Next reconnect the drainage tubes so they drain outside the car.
  2. The 2nd place where water leakage happens is on the passenger side floor. That comes from the Blower motor housing drain. THAT water comes from the fresh air "exchange" flap, located underneath the hood "cowl", that plastic panel under the windshield wipers. There's a seal that always fails. To fix it, you'll need to remove both wiper arms, then pop out the round plastic caps for the panel, then pull the panel away. Be very careful not to break the plastic ends, or damage the windshield. Once it's removed, turn it over. See what's there? Replace the seal with either that foam window seal you get a Home Depot (looks grey), or put a bead of silicon caulk all around the edge of the panel. Wait for it to setup (dry) before re-assembly. You may also need to replace the white plastic attachment posts (see dealer for that - part #: 91502-SK7-013 Cowl Top Grommet, also #91608-SJ6-003 Screw Rivet Boot).
Electrical
The one main problem that most Teg owners share is the "Integrated Control Unit" or ICU. It's an integrated circuit inside a small plastic box that's mounted BEHIND the under-dash fuse panel. For the Teg years 1990-1993, they used this design. It's function is to control:
  • Rear window defogger,
  • Intermittent wiper relay,
  • side marker flasher relay,
  • seat belt/key-in reminder circuit,
  • Brake bulb check circuit,
  • Lights-on reminder circuit,
  • and low oil pressure warning flasher circuit.
I mention this because it's easy to check to see if these things function at all. If they don't, chances are, it's the ICU. The problem with it is Japan decided (in their finite wisdom) to use sub-standard parts to make it. Specifically, the main problem is the use of under voltage capacitors. When this unit heats up (and it does), the capacitors leach out their electrolyte and that substance crosses all circuits that share the board, and causes all kinds of crazy electrical bull and failures throughout. There are 2 fixes for this.
  • One is to buy a new unit from the dealer (www.acuraoemparts.com) for around $190. (part #: 38600-SK7-A01 )
  • The other FIY fix is to repair it yourself, by desoldering those crappy ass caps and replacing them (one at a time) with Over voltage (+35 volts) capacitors that don't heat up. Of course you'll have to remove the fuse panel and then pry-off the ICU box from the back of it with a screwdriver, then pry open the ICU box to get at the circuit. It's do-able, but also a huge pain-in-the-a**. :evil:
As for your electric windows, you'll need to check the main switches, as they tend to fail first, by removing the door panel, to get at the handle that the switches are mounted inside of. Then you'll need to check the electric window motors, by removing the window regulators.

That annoying beep is the seat belt reminder circuit.

Your blower motor sounds like it's resisters are dead and need replacement. This involves removing the "knee bolster" plastic panel on the passenger side, then removing the metal panel behind it (uses 4-10mm bolts). Then remove the glove box. Then you'll have room to work. The resistor is mounted on the top edge of the blower motor housing. The OEM resistor sucks and is NOT reliable AT ALL. Watch this video I made a few years ago to learn how I fixed this -
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/]OuuyAopOEg8[/YOUTUBE].
-
Lots of fun ripping apart the old beast. I've found that the OEM blower motor sucks huge and usually doesn't last very long. You might want to investigate in using a better built electric motor from an electrical parts supplier.

Anyways, there ya go. Have fun & Happy Holidays. :roll: