"New" 1990 Integra

unholymaker

*Copied and edited from other thread when i thought it was a 1989*
So I have come into the ownership of a 1990 LS Integra with 200K+ miles on it. I currently own a 1996 Honda Civic which i am still trying to complete with over 10 grand in the engine. The integra is going to be my daily driver for now, but since I am a speed freak, I want to know what is currently possible with this type of car. I owned a stock 1992 integra with i totaled, my sister owned a 01 gsr which she totaled, and now she has a 98 4door ls. I have only worked on the 01 and 98 integra, so i don't know much about the earlier models. My questions are:

1) What kind of power options do I have? Rebuilt LS? LS/VTec? JDM B18? Turbo? NOS? Could i ebay turbo a bunch of B18A1's to their deaths? I have rebuilt an entire h22 pretty much by myself so Tech knowledge wont be that big of a deal and I can get all the tools i need. ALSO i do laugh at honda's with exhausts.. so I'm not that interested in putting an exhaust on unless it has the power to back it up. Power steering is optional (and does squeak) and so is AC as my civic doesn't have those either. I would like to keep AC over the power steering though.

2) Suspension! Cutting the springs is not an option. Is there anything specific with this generation that i should know about? any good cheap lowering kits made for this car? and what size rims look nice? I don't want to be on the ground, but lowered cars done right just handle so much better, and with me and my sisters record with totaling integras it is kind of important. Right now i have Acura type R 5-lug rims on my civic and i think they look really clean with the gunmetal look.

3)General problems? Anything particular come to mind with this generation? It has rust in front of the sun roof, quaterpanels and trunk around the key but otherwise the body looks clean. Any tips for these years? What color should I "unfortunately" spray bomb (or wait to get 40 bucks to get a spray gun and do a shitty job with that too!)? Right now the color is tan/beige and if I am going to be doing rust fixing I might as well switch colors..

THANK YOU in advance. Help me make this cheap pos last and last well....

unholymaker

sorry about the delay! please help me answer some of these questions. here is the pictures you jerks

da9teggy

you can jdm an go with a b16 or just turbo the motor that i there an get up to 260whp on stock internal with a good tune

da9kiddo

Doode what's up with the negative comments not kool n with all these people with the pics or ban doode u guys better check ur selfs before the actual mod bans u guys

Ne ways nice start doode build that stock motor or turbo it keep us updated

916LSpinoy

The JDM Pinoy
We aren't being Negative....it's just all of us were Noobs here before and you should know that it is USELESS to say that you have a car when you can't show it....PLUS why ask for opinions about your car when no one knows what it looks like?! Don't ask unless you got Pics to prove it....

unholymaker

the car isnt ugly, just the paint job is. Currently it is half primer-ed black, i have to work some bondo magic on a small hole on the passenger side quarter panel as it actually rusted the whole way out. I bought new speakers for the rear and am switching over my subs from my civic to my integra until the civic runs.

any suggestions for type of seats to put in? or good suspensions?