new clutch kit!?

Jorge0103

zoom zoom bye bye
my clutch's going out....
so im looking into a new one i have a daily driver, 2003 RSX ((not type-s)).
i wanted to know if i could hook up a "EXEDY KHC10 OEM" to it and be good!? any thoughts would help! Thanks!

Tegz

EV1L EMPIRE
my clutch's going out....
so im looking into a new one i have a daily driver, 2003 RSX ((not type-s)).
i wanted to know if i could hook up a "EXEDY KHC10 OEM" to it and be good!? any thoughts would help! Thanks!
Should be fine. As long as it is an RSX specific clutch.

If I were you, I'd go with an Exedy Stage 1 clutch over an oem style one. Gives you a tiny bit more clamping power over stock but still feels like an OEM clutch. Should in theory last a bit longer than OEM too. Have a stage 1 on both my 96 RS and 06 Type-S.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
like he said make sure its for your car... hardly any mods.. oem or stage 1 dont matter but that also means you dont need anymore more than oem style. up to you, idc.

TheCrimsonStar

Why does the throwout bearing still make noise when i just installed a new clutch kit?
prior to installing the new clutch kit the old throwout bearing was making a lot of noise when my foot was released off the clutch. i installed the new clutch kit a few days ago and shortly thereafter the sound came back but not as loud. is it suppose to do that? i got the flywheel resurface and what does it mean to break in the new clutch?
Breaking in the clutch means driving very softly on it for at least 100 miles or so if not more. If you just start beating on it right off the bat you'll mess it up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gugiey

Why does the throwout bearing still make noise when i just installed a new clutch kit?
prior to installing the new clutch kit the old throwout bearing was making a lot of noise when my foot was released off the clutch. i installed the new clutch kit a few days ago and shortly thereafter the sound came back but not as loud. is it suppose to do that? i got the flywheel resurface and what does it mean to break in the new clutch?
Because its not your throwout bearing