new throttle body, ECU need tuning?

AZTEK90

Hey whts up just had a quick question. i recently got a new throttle body for my stock b18a in my 91 teggy . the throttle body is overbored out too 62mm and has a weapon r quick throttle rotor . just wondering if i have too modify the computer or anything else so it can run right.right now its running good except when i turn it on it stays reved up 2k rpms.kinda new at this so any opinion would be nice ........thanks

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
since the TB is larger than the intake manifold, you should have the intake manifold port matched to the throttle body. You will also need to have a TPS calibrated to the larger TB size. Have you tried adjusting the idle at all?

AZTEK90

Yeah I tried adjusting the idle but nothing really changed .and it has a new tp sensor which I assume is adjusted ....... Wht kind of shops would,be able to port the intake,manifold? Maybe,a machine,shop?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
spray some carb cleaner around the manifold, if the idle drops then you have a gasket leak ;) That would explain the high idle

AZTEK90

the throttle is good just checked and no leaks either ......anymore ideas just want to make sure everything is running good...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
did you mess with both idle screws at top and bottom while the car is running? via unplugging the iacv?

AZTEK90

Were is the second idle screw located? Wht do u mean via unpluggin the iavc, do I have to unplug it in order to adjust them