New transmission costs?

frantbri

I have a 92 GSR with a five speed and I had the mechanic tell me that the transmission went out. Does this happen often? Where is the best place to purchase one?

cashtango25

well i bought mine used from honda heaven(junkyard 4 foreign cars) in tha bay area so anyways payed 5 bills but i've had it for about 4yrs n it running strong but as for brand new dont know! i'm not sure about them goin out often cause tha only reason y mine went out is cause i went on a long trip n front tire popped n i put tha donkey on n i was goin like 85 on tha freeway well long story short transmission took a dumb cause of my retardedness so never put tha donkey in tha front. cause of course 1 tire is gonna go faster than tha other.

guterz

i will sell you my tranny for 100 bux grinds goin into fourth but still works. pm me if interested

DumaDa9

there is no ys1 gsr transmissions that come with lsd, unless its added. Just shop around on craigslist, you'll probably have better luck finding a cable b16 than a cable gsr, whatever you buy, get a bill of sale from the owner stating exactly which kind of trans it is because you dont want to get ripped off, because its pretty hard to tell just by the trans code

JD89

Hey question for any of you...I got a 99 integra ls..its auto and I wanna do a tranny swap, a few people are tellin me to find a gsr tranny, any other ones I should look into that could be better for a reasonable price?

emd513

jd89 start your own thread, what is up with these guys. op i looked up one for a 90 ls 5 speed and from autozone your looking at 1800 bucks for a new one. i would just figure on rebuilding or finding a good used one and go from there.

gregorygray792

2000 Acura Integra LS Auto Transmission

I have been experiencing a strange transmission problem. When I first put the car in Drive it seems to go in gear but then it hits in gear after about a two second delay. Does anyone know why it is hesitating going from park to drive?