New user - looking for advice

Do you think I could get around $15,000 for this car?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

IntegraMN

Hey guys,

I am looking for advice on possibly selling my 1990 Acura Integra GS. This car has been a prize possession to me, but the current economy has forced my hand to try and sell. The car has a story behind it which I will post links to down below.

The car itself is a 1990 Acura Integra GS 2 door hatchback that was completely restored to showroom condition a couple of years ago. Long story short, a friend of mine passed away from cancer and the make-a-wish foundation granted him his wish of having his car completely restored. For the full article please go to:

http://hopefloatsfoundation.org/2009/06/make-a-wish-donation/
or
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20051012005939/en/ABRA-Auto-Body-Glass-Woodbury-Assists-Make-A-Wish-Foundation#.Uv0jNfldWBI

This car has been kept in a heated garage every winter since it was restored. The engine has about 3,000 miles on it since the restoration as well. The only thing that is not factory on the car is the clutch. My friend put in a racing clutch before he passed away. I am not sure what brand or style the clutch is, all I was told is it's a racing clutch.

Specs on the car:
1.8L, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, w/racing clutch.
Black with gray interior.
has a after market CD deck. JVC or RCA, not entirely sure
cloth seats, automatic seat belts, fog lights, auto windows.

The only way I can come to terms with selling it, is for the right price. I have thought about it and $15,000 or in the ball park of that would be my price. If anyone has some insight or comments about it I would love to hear it.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the comments.

Ryan659

15k is too high in my opinion. Just because it has a sad but at the same time good story behind it doesn't warrant it costing the same amount as a type R.

IntegraMN

Ryan - I agree the price is steep, the only reason I am looking to get that much for it is because the car means so much to me. I cant let it go for cheap because of sentimental reasons. Like I said the economy has forced my hand to at least look into selling it. If I dont get any offers that are in the ball park of 15,000 then I will hold onto it. But I figured there is no harm in looking, right?

Ryan659

I completely understand. I hope you're able to find a buyer for that price. But realistically, sentimental value isn't something that buyers care about.

I say just keep it and value it instead of dealing with window shoppers