No fuel in chamber.

RS01

I'm stumped.

We pulled the tired motor on my son's 90 RS (manual)and replaced it with the same B18 A1 motor only it was from a 92. The 92 was mounted to an automatic and I used the intake manifold along with the rebuilt injectors from the 90. I have spark, engine is timed, fuel is moving through the system and injectors are spraying outside. Very little fuel is making it to the combustion chamber. We went back and checked the timing and found the marks line up. When you crank it, it chuffs a little and sometimes sounds like it's trying to fire up. Plugs are good and I can't think of a reason why this thing won't light up. Throttle angle sensor was replaced.

Engine compression measured over 150 psi which is way up from the 120 psi of the old motor. Valves have been checked and adjusted.

I'm missing something and for the life of my I can't find it. We even pulled an injector and ran a zip tie through the cylinder to check for an obstruction. None.

RS01

Found the problem after much angst. The plug wires were reversed on the distributor. The new motor purrs like a kitten and my son has a smile a mile wide.