Noob has problem with teggy trans blinking S2 light

50cool50

i love my teggy but i got a problem a few days ago

the S2 light started blinking continously

then today the Auto trans wont shift out of 1st gear.. and it gets reverse and thats it

i searched the web for the blinking s2 light but doesnt seem to be much information on it

can anyone tell me what the s2 means?
is it a sensor has gone bad or something?

she is full of clean trans fluid. i only had the car a little while so maybe the wrong fluid is in there??
the car starts fine

any advice would be greatly appreciated

50cool50

i just read somewhere that it could be the modulator valve maybe sticking??

where would that be located on the transmission??

DA9Mappy

NOOB
Its a sensor telling you there is something wrong with the transmission or something connected to it so have it checked out if youre not sure what it is.

50cool50

Its a sensor telling you there is something wrong with the transmission or something connected to it so have it checked out if youre not sure what it is.
yes i know that. thats why i am here in this forum

i am quite poor at the moment and i dont have money to get it checked out :0(

Dtackett

yes i know that. thats why i am here in this forum

i am quite poor at the moment and i dont have money to get it checked out :0(
I wouldn't recommend driving it, but get it to the shop, have it hooked up to a code reader. Take it to a high end shop, not like jiffy. See if you can find a custom imports or high performance shop. It will cost between.30-100$ but its worth it. They will also be able to tell you on the spot how much. Talk about making payments even if your poor no car means harder time getting to work so its in your best interest to get it fixed.

50cool50

I wouldn't recommend driving it, but get it to the shop, have it hooked up to a code reader. Take it to a high end shop, not like jiffy. See if you can find a custom imports or high performance shop. It will cost between.30-100$ but its worth it. They will also be able to tell you on the spot how much. Talk about making payments even if your poor no car means harder time getting to work so its in your best interest to get it fixed.
great advice . thanks alot. you really helped me out with that information.

i want to fix it myself

50cool50

I chnged out the TCU today for a different known working one of another integra and the same problem exists so its not the TCU.

also i noticed when i drive it that when push the shifter into 2 it changes into that gear, so i know the gears are there, - am iright in thinking its a solenoid or a modulator valve?

anyone have any other ideas? anyone with some constructive info other than take it to a shop??