Noob Transmission Question

sjohnsonbcm

green tuner
Ok so my teg ran out of transmission fluid and i filled it back up. i had this happen with my civic and when i refilled the fluid i bleed off the fluid until everything was ok again. My question is were is the bleed off valve on a 96 gsr sedan with a manual transmission cuz i couldnt find it (granted that it was 7am and i was late for work when this all happened). any help would be great i just got her painted and really want to drive it around for a lil bit8 8) ..........thanks

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Im a little confused, are you talking about bleeding the Clutch Pedal? If so, its to the left or right of the exhaust manifold about a foot down if I remember correctly.
- Aaron

sjohnsonbcm

green tuner
im sorry noob mistake the clutch pedal is what i was talking about and it is to the left of the exhaust manifold thaks bro i have another question though while we are on the subject how often should you change your transmission fluid??

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
I would do it every 20,000 miles or 2-3 years. Thats around what the Manufacturer says. You should bleed your brakes around the same period as well to prevent corrosion.

Jackal, you're almost dead on. Honda recommends the brake fluid be changed every 3 years and perform a drain and fill every 30k miles.