OIL p........

HKDxSAVIER

so since vtec needs a little higher oil pressure would it be a good idea to get a oil pressure guage?

is it possible for the head not to get enough oil up there and mess up?

mirrorimg

A gauge will not increase the pressure, but will help you monitor it. Useful, but not necessary.

The only way the cylinder wont get enough head (very unlikely) is if the oil ports become clogged, or if you get very low on oil. It is far more likely for the rod bearings to fail from oil starvation than the head.

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it would be good.. i plan on getting one due to the fact mine burns oil a bit.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
wear and tear over time. most likely the piston rings you fried!! 'OOoooohhhHHhhhh!!'

im just surprised you havnt blown the welds on the intake yet..

a complete rebuild of the motor will fix the oil consumption.

HKDxSAVIER

oh nah this is my first teggy first b20 first VTEC!!!
there hookin up my vtec tonight so im stoKKeD!!

mirrorimg

The thing is, the gauge will show you what the pressure is, it wont tell you how low you are. You need to continually check that to make sure you dont fall below the minimum tick on the dipstick.

If you ever see the gauge hit less than 5psi, you want to shut down the motor, because that pressure is not high enough to pump the oil through to every component.

emd513

really anything lower than 20 is going to start damage if you drive it hard. get the gauge and make sure to check your oil at least once a week if not every other day