Overheating 93 Integra

RDG2

I have a 1993 Integra that continues to overheat, I have researched many threads and have taken the advice....but I am running out of options.

I have replaced the thermostat and rubber gasket, Engine Temperature Sensor (mounted in T-stat housing) & flushed the radiator. Also attempted to burp the system. tomorrow I am going to replace the the engine coolant temp sensor & sending unit. (mounted on engine below the distributor cap)

If this does not fix the problem I am going to replace the water pump and timing belt. any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

xFamousTeggy17x

i had the same problem with my 91 integra it was the wiring to the fan....you probably already checked that but maybe there is a short making that fan not turn turning it on when needed

RDG2

I did not check the wiring...but i will because I still cannot get either fan to start.

I did another radiator flush...& finally got water flowing through system & hot air blowing in car. The car runs smooth at idle and does not overheat. Will fill with coolant tomorrow and take for a test drive.

any advice on the fans would be greatly appreciated!

gtownjoe

man i got the same problem just cant get a handle on it yet

RDG2

checked wiring, replaced sensors & relays and they still do not turn on. I hotwired the fans to the battery and they both work...thinking about doing this permanetly.

any thoughts??