Overheating.!.!.!

kurupt832

so my 1993 Integra is overheating ive replaced the temp sensor and the thermostat along with the water pump because the seal broke on it. ive filled the radiator with coolant and the resavor with water ive also bleed the water pump vavle 2 make sure there wasnt a air bubble as well as making sure my fans turn on and off and IT IS STILL OVER HEATING.!.!.! any suggestions or pointers that i can trouble shoot 2 solve this.?.?.?

kurupt832

ive watched a video on youtube about sticking a open paper clip in both the pos. and neg. sides 2 bye pass it an they came on so im guessing they work correct

kurupt832

how long should i bleed the system i bleed it 4 about 30 mins and mist was coming out my brother told me i should wait 2 see a stream of water an no mist but i did this 4 about 3 times now and the same result it would take awhile 2 heat back up but it still would get 2 the all most red so id shut it off an wait once again... very aggravating.!.!.!

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
When bleeding you shouldn't take longer than 5 mins.

What your doing is letting all your coolant steam off.

The bleed valve should be open and let it mist for a couple minutes and then opened until coolant just flows out with no mist and than shut it closed completely.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
ive also change the head gasket as well along with new plugs and wires while i was at it
I think you might be mixing up words. Valve cover gasket and head gasket are totally different things.. I don't think you would tear up your engine just to replace spark plugs+wires,

kurupt832

if my heater worked before all this and now it doesnt could my heater core be causing it 2 over heat.?.?.? an i did mix em up i looked up the difference and ill be changing out the head gasket soon it doesnt smoke or leak water in the oil.

cvcrcr99

woah, bleeding should take a little more than 5 mins to the person who brought that up. of course it might all depend on where you are located in the world. Colder climates take longer for the car to warm up and the tstat to open.

Are your fans running when your car is "overheating"?

Bleeding:
raise the front of the vehicle, remove cap, turn on vehicle, turn heat inside the car to full hot and let it run until the fans cycle on and off twice. This should evacuate all air from the heater core and any where else since the thermostat opened by then.

If you still have problems try jumping the fan connector to keep the fans running at all times, does this help?

If nothing changes, I would suggest looking at your thermostat (stuck open), or start looking at doing a compression test to confirm there isn't an issue with the head gasket. The last possibility I can think of would be that the radiator is clogged and needs replacing (if it is the OEM from Acura in 1993)

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
is there literally smoke coming out that its saying that its overheating ?? if you actually did everything possible just get a another cluster to see if its that be surprised