pass floor wet

Afireinside

My passenger floor in my 94 is getting wet and i have read a few post saying a/c is cloged? how do you go about fixing the problem?
thanks

solracer

It could also be your heater core going out. Check to see if you are low on coolant. Does it smell like coolant? The heater core is located behind the dash on the passenger side, and when the heater core fails it starts to leak coolant on the pass side carpet.

RickyTakk

evap drain plug is clogged,just clean it and it should do the trick

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
look under the glove box and follow the tube that goes from the housing throug the firewall

andytonetti

I'm having the same problem, I disconnected the hose from the evaporator under the dash, and blew through with compressed air, I know that it is clean, because I could feel the air coming out the other end under the car. Problem is I am still getting condensation leaking out. Should I blow through from underneath? Another thing I am noticing is occasionally a few drops blowing from the air vents on the dash. I also notice a puddle under the car as well. What would cause so much condensation? I'm kind of baffled on this one, I dont want to have a major mildew problem.

andytonetti

UPDATE:
So I went and figured this out on my own, it seems that the previous owner parked under a tree, and leaves worked their way into the ac evaporator. I removed the tube from under the dash, and blew with compressed air, still no fix. I reconnected the hose, and blew compressed air from the other end underneath the car, and voila, about a half gal of H2O, and a bunch of leaves and gunk spilled out onto my garage floor. I would recommend this method over removing the hose from the inside. Hopefully these findings are helpful for some of you experiencing the same issues. At some point, I plan on removing the evap, and getting everything out of there, I'm sure there is more gunk, and will eventually plug again.