Power antenna mast

sylvaner01

I tried reparing my broken antenna mast using epoxy but it failed.. so I started to research replacement masts but their very expensive.. maybe not for some people but for a student these cost an arm and a leg!
Anybody know where I can find a cheap one posted to Australia?
Thanks fellas!

(this is what i'm talking about)

sylvaner01

Hmm they seem a bit expensive for what they are.. is that the cheapest they come?
sucks they dont post to down under XD

sylvaner01

Thanks, There is a honda wreckers near my place, might look there aswell, Thanks for the help JGvtec, appreciate it

Prozon

Kris
My auto antenna broke so I took a short antenna off another car and threaded a bolt into it. Then I threaded the bolt into what was left of my old auto antenna, now I have an antenna but it doesn't retract. IMO it doesn't look bad either lol.

summerscheifer

My power antenna mast had broken off.Problem is I'm getting the stub of the old mast out first. It stuck. I am wondering if I am not pulling on the wrong part as there is the outer most metal tube and then the section inside that which I have thoroughly mangled trying to remove.Can anyone with experience? let me know which part I am supposed to be yanking out of there and how to remove it.

Last edited:

mjones73

My power antenna mast had broken off.Problem is I'm getting the stub of the old mast out first. It stuck. I am wondering if I am not pulling on the wrong part as there is the outer most metal tube and then the section inside that which I have thoroughly mangled trying to remove.Can anyone with experience? let me know which part I am supposed to be yanking out of there and how to remove it.
FYI - Per another thread he's trying to fix an antenna in a 95 Elantra.

summerscheifer, can you confirm if that's the case or if you have an Acura you're looking for help with?

DagoAcura92

Antenna masts shouldn't cost much I found mine on ebay for about $20 US. I think what ur looking at is the whole assembly, motor and mast. I don't know because the first ebay post is dead.

Use a pair of needle nose pliers and CAREFULLY unscrew it, by opening the pliers and place the nose into slots on both sides of the mast. Turn on the ignition and radio, it should start to come out of its mount, the mast and the white plastic retractor. Remove from the base, hopefully the plastic did not break off inside. Get ur replacement ready and have a helper turn off the ignition, if u have the teeth pointed the right way it will retract all the way in. If u didn't, turn the radio back on and try again. Someone mite tell u they auto adjust, but sometimes that causes the plastic to break. CAREFULLY screw the retainer back on .