Questions: Door edge moulding

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Does this plastic molding serve a necessary purpose?

There seems to be chromed metal underneath. Should I glue it back down? Can it be replaced?
I've never had a car that had this happen before....

Advice?

Dm of mD

cre-asian1

well if it was me i would have rip them off and since i don't like chrome i would get this stuff called plastidip if you wanna know more about it i would youtube it but you can get the stuff at your local home depot, lowes, ace hardware store but i would recommend getting it at either home depot or lowes it's cheaper their then ace and that's what i would do if i was in your shoe's hope that helped you out alittle or at least point's you in a direction if you choose to go down that path

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Hmmm...well, I wiil try to glue it back down after I ask at the local honda shop. I don't like tearing off parts of the car that it came with. Even if they come off on their own...

Thanks!

Dm of mD

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
its just a covering, take a razor blade and cut it off, then paint it semi-gloss black

Exige24

Do anybody know if that part is still available from Honda. I'd like to replace both of mine with brand new ones actually.

Exige24

Well, you go to one of the online dealers and find it in the parts schematics. The only problem is, you order alot of stuff sometimes only to find out weeks later it isn't available anymore. I was wondering if someone here might have already done so to save me the trouble. :lol: