Reliable turbo??

DA_LS_SPECIAL

Im going to turbo my 93 integra with the stock b18a1 engine. It was rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago, i just wanna know what i would need to do to make it a reliable daily driver.

Ps. Im only going to boost about 6 psi

Prozon

Kris
Well what has been pounded into my head recently is that the PSI isn't what matters. The size of the turbo does. :D
300hp is about all you should be pushing with stock internals.

How much do you know about boosting? Is there something really specific you need to know? All I can really say is don't cheap out on the turbo. You could upgrade some engine internals to make it a little more reliable.. but I mean what do you want to hear?

Prozon

Kris
Search in the forced induction forum. My threads have similar questions asked, and there are lots of threads with good answers to these kinds of questions.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Yeah, if you have specific questions ill be happy to answer.

A reliable turbo isnt really the issue, its making the engine reliable, just dont cheap out, do more research online, and get a good tune and you will be fine.

jdean41

with the proper setup and tune ive seen stock b18a1s run well, and for a long time. But to safely do it id get new rods, and studs and lower compression pistons. And go with a small turbo. BIg turbos have much more turbo lag, and arent good for small displacement motors. And if you do it on stock internals and its not tuned properly, you can overboost and kill your internals

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
It depends on what power he wants to make to justify lc pistons, and there is no reason to upgrade rods unless your running higher rpms than stock, id get new oem rods if your doing pistons.
But if you want a reliable daily id stay under 300hp, in which case you wont need to upgrade your rods.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
It depends on what power he wants to make to justify lc pistons, and there is no reason to upgrade rods unless your running higher rpms than stock, id get new oem rods if your doing pistons.
But if you want a reliable daily id stay under 300hp, in which case you wont need to upgrade your pistons.

Prozon

Kris
It should be pretty realiable with a good tune if your making 230. I've heard a lot of people running for a long time like that.