Ride suspension advice

avasdad

I am new to this and read a lot on here but still haven't found what info I am looking for. I have a 97 Teg I drive 70 miles one way to work everyday. I just purchased this car a month ago. I am not into racing this car but I do not like the fender gap at all. I want to keep the best ride possible but know I will lose some by lowering it. Here what I am thinking, Koni Yellows with a lowering spring, Maybe eibach. Do you think this would help me keep some of the ride? Thank You for your time

avasdad

See this is all new to me, I am use to Bags. Never owned a vehicle with anything other than that. Had a stock one when I was 16, lol. Many years ago. Is there any height I should consider not going past?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
See this is all new to me, I am use to Bags. Never owned a vehicle with anything other than that. Had a stock one when I was 16, lol. Many years ago. Is there any height I should consider not going past?
if you dont want a stiff ride i recomend getting adjustable struts like koni or tokico. Both have a "red" shock and they are more street oriented i believe. They are on tire rack dot com. But i would get eibach springs or tein s tech springs. I for sure would stay away from skunk2 if i were you, skunk2 tends to be a little stiffer than eibach and tein.

avasdad

Thank you for you input. Will be looking into that today. After I do this will be back for advice on giving her a little more power. I do drive interstate and come across the people that get beside you and slow down , makes me mad. Need to do a little work on that to.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have the Eibach ProKit and Koni yellow's and the ride is great. One thing the Koni yellow's have that the red's don't is adjustable stiffness, so keep that in mind. Yellow's cost more but it's worth it. With this setup with the stiffness turned all the way soft, the ride is like stock, with a modest tasteful drop.

avasdad

I have the Eibach ProKit and Koni yellow's and the ride is great. One thing the Koni yellow's have that the red's don't is adjustable stiffness, so keep that in mind. Yellow's cost more but it's worth it. With this setup with the stiffness turned all the way soft, the ride is like stock, with a modest tasteful drop.
I have been looking into the yellow because of that. I am going to keep the fat fives but I am use to 18's or bigger. I am interested in loosing some of the fender gap, Thats why i am looking into doing this. How low are your eibach's?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have been looking into the yellow because of that. I am going to keep the fat fives but I am use to 18's or bigger. I am interested in loosing some of the fender gap, Thats why i am looking into doing this. How low are your eibach's?
probably around 1.8 and 18" wheels will kill your fuel economy

avasdad

simple header intake and exhaust will do
Thank you, When I bought this car it came with Tenzo exhaust and air intake and HID conversion. I added the fron and rear strut bars. i will look in to header. Just not looking to race but make my drive easier.

probably around 1.8 and 18" wheels will kill your fuel economy
Oh trust me I understand the fuel eco. Thats why the 15" are staying, lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Those are 16's with 205/45 tires - same diameter around as fat fives with 195/55/15's.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just a DC or greddy header will do fine. i have a header write up in the all motor section about the difference between a 4-1 and 4-2-1