Sharing Results: DDTECH "DROP IN" H22 Camshafts vs stock

ALL M0T0R

DDTECHCAMS.COM
Please reference http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3164749 for original thread
Since I'm becoming a little more active, I wanted to share some results with some of my camshaft testing I've done over the past few months.

As most of you probably know, majority of my camshafts are "custom" spec/tailored to each individual setup. I've been in the works with designing drop in camshafts for the guys who wish to have the ease of dropping in a camshaft and go, these camshafts require tuning, but do not require being degreed in.

Stock H22a block / stock H22a Trans
EuroR head
BC valvetrain
Rosko Racing EuroR intake manifold
RDX410cc injectors (60psi)
BDL 68mm TB
3" short ram with BPi velocity stack (too short but what I had to work with)
PLM 4-2-1
3" exhaust
NepTune RTP

Special Thanks to BlakeBarr @ EFI Logistics
Special Thanks to Mike @ TDC Performance in ALA.(Offical DDTECH camshaft Dealer)

as you can see there is a significant pickup in low end up to 12whp and 9-10wtq. Midrange was roughly the same however this cam continued to make power and carry it.

You'll notice that if you compare, Most Stock cams vs pro1's tend to lose midrange, You gain more low end, and top and you don't lose midrange, H22's do suffer on some occasions midrange lost with pro1's.

The Camshafts are suppose to be stock, but we're under the impression the camshafts are possibly TypeS camshafts. Either way, Great results we were happy with the results, I've tweaked the camshaft a bit more to gain some more midrange and also top end.

Last edited:

95B18BTurbo

Is that a dyno from Blake just up the street from me in Pensacola?

After I get my new turbo setup done, and have some spare change I would really like to hit you up for a grind that can shoot for max power.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
That's pretty impressive to pick up low end and high end. Usually cams are a compromise.