Should I buy OEM Muffler or this catback system?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Hey guys, my exhaust system is in bad shape, and it's really effecting how my car feels and drives. I was thinking about just replacing my current muffler:

With this OE Muffler:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Muffler-Exhaust-Natural-41-in-Oval-Acura-Integra-91-90-1991-1990-/230836284260?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

But then I came across this nice looking cat back system:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380501575575?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

In your opinion which would be better? I want better exhaust than I have now, and I like that cat back system, but I don't want one of those obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
I can already tell you that the ebay catback is most likely going to be obnoxiously loud, and probably fall apart within a year. If you just need something to replace your old system for a while until you get something nicer that works then ebay is fine. However, I would check CL and see what deals you can find on there for exhausts. I got mine barely used for 1/5 the price of it new.

Mike61096

I have firefox so the pics are automatically resized :p

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Go for the yonaka catback. I got it for my Teg and LOVE it. Great sound and it was pretty cheap. I paid 250 for mine. Nice welds and bends.

Sammich

I can already tell you that the ebay catback is most likely going to be obnoxiously loud, and probably fall apart within a year. If you just need something to replace your old system for a while until you get something nicer that works then ebay is fine. However, I would check CL and see what deals you can find on there for exhausts. I got mine barely used for 1/5 the price of it new.
sorry to disappoint...but i have that exhaust..other than really needing a better resonator to remain super quiet w/o drone during cruising, it's a good exhaust just to replace your old one w/. only reason i want to get a stock axleback is to get the ricers that try to race me every chance they get to get off my jock

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
some of the guys @ G2IC have run those ebay exhausts... they say they have a descent tone but require slight modification to fit correctly. Rear hanger may need to be moved near the tip also...

Sammich

yea some modification, just to the axleback portion, one hanger needs to be 'added' to make it tuck correctly. other than that, straight up bolt on.

it does have drone. i just have to find a resonator i want to replace the one that came w/ it and i'm sure it'll be eliminated

Mike61096

I just bought a new OE style muffler instead. I'm not looking to wake the neighbors or draw any unwanted attention, or even have to modify an ebay catback system.