so i need some advice please

jdean41

ok, a few minutes ago i went out to one of the sales at our wal mart. Car ran perfect on the way just like normal. I go in and look around and come back out expecting my car to start up beautifully like normal. When i started it up it started ideling really low and i went in to reverse and it cut off. I turned the ignition completely off and fired it back up and it started up really rough. I backed out and when i put it in first and started to take off it started jumping really bad. It done it about 3 times and i finally just held in the clutch and gave it a few nice revs and it started off like normal. Im wondering if it is not in the early stages of the fuel pump going bad.What do u guys think

WDEDMON1

Idk mine does it too. U gotta let it warm up first. You blowin out white smoke from the exhaust when u crank it? mine is. Really bad

WDEDMON1

Mine only does it when I drive it cold. But when I give it some high rpms like u did. It mellows out. Idk WTMF

jdean41

it was pretty much already up to temp. It jerked like hell, it was crazy. yeah and coy i think its either fuel filter or fuel pump either one.

Prozon

Kris
Don't worry? Lol what if it does it again when he's going down the highway, or through a stop light?

Preventive maintenance. <-

I would say fuel filter, if it occurs afterwards my thoughts would be the pump.

jdean41

i agree with you prozon. Iim probably gonna go pick up a fuel filter tomorrow and change it before i go into work
I cant have it doing that shit in traffic

jdean41

your the first one whos said anything other than fuel pump or filter. ha
like i said im changin the filter tomorrow and if it does it again im gonna change the pump, then if that dont work im gonna check my injectors and everything

Prozon

Kris
Is there a difference between fuel injector leaking and "leaking down" ? Because I would think if it was leaking you could smell it.

jdean41

yeah. i really dont think its anything with the injectors, because i pulled them and tested them a couple weeks ago and they are in great shape. im almost positive its the pump and/or filter