something turning on in the trunk

sn@ke3ater

Hey guys, so the other day I installed a new stereo in my 91 DA and something that sounded like a whirring motor made some noise in my trunk. every time I turn the car off since installing the stereo unit, it makes this same noise.

I've checked and I can't find anything back there except the lights, spare tire and the panels to get into the coilovers so I know it doesn't have a CD changer or anything like that. do you guys have any idea what it could be?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
could be distortion from the radio install going thru the speakers

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Shift.Kitt

If your car has a motorized antenna, that could be the sound you're hearing. When I installed my new stereo, mine started working again. Sure scared the crap out of me grinding out several years of inactivity.

Edit: if it's constant, you may want to try disabling it until you can find a solution. That will save you from having to buy a new motor down the road.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
If your car has a motorized antenna, that could be the sound you're hearing. When I installed my new stereo, mine started working again. Sure scared the crap out of me grinding out several years of inactivity.

Edit: if it's constant, you may want to try disabling it until you can find a solution. That will save you from having to buy a new motor down the road.
this is your answer...