speed O cable

phinattic

My 92 RS has a very annoyingly loud speed o cable it squeaks like crazy but still works. Is this common and is there anything I can do to quiet it down short of replacing it ?

da9 b20 beast

me and mt friend just solved this problem lol... you can disconnect it where it goes into the spedo sensor and pull the cable out slowly from there...this is after youve unhooked it from the cluster of course.. then just clean it put some grease and slide it back in

phinattic

Thanks for the Info I have never pulled one off an integra most of my experience is with old chevys so I will have to figure out where everything is.

da9 b20 beast

theres a few threads ...research on her ehow to remove luster.. and the spedo sensor is on the trans behind the starter...ul see the cable that goes into the firewall

phinattic

I hate getting into dash boards is it possible to grease it from the tranny end without taking it off the cluster......I really really hope so. I just helped a friend replace a heater core in a mustang, we had to remove the entire dash from the car had it sitting in the front yard. Took all day it sucked.

rwcjose

It's actually really easy I took my cluster apart last week to replace the speedo cable and it only took me like 15 to replace so for urs it should take like 10 min just to grease it up

sent from HTC EVO

phinattic

That link was great only thing is now I want led lights in my cluster too. lol Guess I know what my weekend project is.

phinattic

took the speed o cable out with out any problem greased if up and cleaned it up. and now it dosent make any noise. thanks for the help.