speedometer acting up!!!

guitron88

Hey , so my speedometer is acting up and i don`t know where to look for the problem. it bounces from 0-140 and check engine light turned on today, i was searching on here and found some info but not for a DA , my question is where is my VSS or speedo cable at?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
It might be the harness, or the sheet on the back of the cluster. Take the cluster out and swap it with another to see if the issue follows the cluster or not. I don't know much about DA wiring diagrams so you're going to have to do some research on that. Honda-Tech is good for stuff like that.

Your speedo cable is plugged into the back of the cluster and into the VSS. The VSS is on top of your transmission.

Your problem is most likely that your speedo cable is old and worn out. Replace the cable.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Take some cool pics at "high speeds" it'll look like you're really fast lol

guitron88

well i guess ill have to take a look at it tomorrow morning, maybe it has something to do with the cluster since it is from a stupid civic :angryfire

guitron88

Take some cool pics at "high speeds" it'll look like you're really fast lol
I fooled my cousin today lol i slammed it going into the freeway and told him to look at my speed it was at 140 and i was doing like 80-90 mph lol he was like ooohh shit bro your car is faaaaasssssssst then it bounced back to 0 :lol:

guitron88

Your speedo cable is plugged into the back of the cluster and into the VSS. The VSS is on top of your transmission.

Your problem is most likely that your speedo cable is old and worn out. Replace the cable.
thanks for the info !! :thumbup:

guitron88

Yea well let me see what i can do first with out spending money i still havnt found a job so i have no money i was going to go look at it today but its been raining all day . hopefully tomorrow will be a better day