sputters while WOT from idle

TEGurIT_91

while idling (which is fine) if i blip the throttle or roll into it....all is well. if i smash the throttle, the engine pretty much chokes and does a backfire through the intake sound for a few seconds until it smooths out and revs up. has a obd0 b16a motor which was running perfectly fine a few days ago and i just replaced the tps since it had a code7. just set the tps to .495V at closed throttle....and this is where im at :???:

i just bought the car a couple weeks ago and have done nothing to it other than a valve adjustment, so i know nothing about when a tune-up or what not has been done. any ideas or suggestions?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Newly purchased used vehicles should undergo a basic tune up for items you arent certain of last replacement. For your current problem i suggest checking your cap and rotor. Similar problem i had but one thing everyone must understand is that similar conditions can be caused by different things.

If you want to further trouble shoot the distributor since it has other parts that can contribute to the problem, follow this guide...

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/blogs/meltman/299-advanced-ignition-troubleshooting.html

TEGurIT_91

yeah i normally do. i just bought it and gave it to my friend the following day to drive since his car was in the bodyshop so i havent had much inspection/fix time with it. lol. i'll order new oem cap and rotor and plugs for it this weekend and go from there however. thanks for the link tho.