stock and Jdm

myfirstacura

Well being that this is my first post i would really like to know what the difference is between the two. Like my user name says myfirstacura, I am getting ready to rip the bodykit that is on my car right the hell off because its just plain nasty looking. I am looking at a JDM front end but I would really like to know what is the difference between the stock front end versus the jdm one.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I assume your talking about a 3rd gen, since I think the 2nd gen JDM and USDM front ends are the same
JDM:

USDM:

As you can see, the difference is the headlights, front bumper cover, hood, fenders, front bumper support, and core support.

myfirstacura

Yeah thats what I thought. The 2nd gen is the same, so I guess I wont be wasting my search time to try and find the jdm set up. I seen one on ebay and it said it was a complete jdm from the 90 integra but then looking at the stock stuff I really dont see any difference. Even the blue engine I.D., tag said it had a B16 so I will pass on them and just go for the stock front end. But first I must take off the god-awful body kit that is on it from the previous owner....It looks just nasty and distasteful....

dlo253

2nd Gen is not the same. Will not just go on your car without massive work. You have a Gen 3, so either get the stock bumper to replace that body kit.... or get the whole jdm front setup

myfirstacura

I have a 91 LS. I was not looking to put a 3rd gen, jdm front end on my car. I was wanting to know if there was a difference on the jdm front ends for my years car....

dlo253

Oh okay, you didn't specify really.. Haha.
only difference is the headlights and sidemarker lights pretty much.

EDIT: LOL now I feel dumb. Ive got to this thread from the homepage...never realized it was in the 2nd Gen section hahahahaha brainfart from hell!

Last edited:

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Duh.. this IS the second Gen thread lolz.. the difference between jdm and usdm for the g2's are the headlights, sidemarkers, and bumper support. Either stock 92-93 front bumper with a lip, or 90-91 with the vis mugen knockoff (good luck finding a legit mugen)