Suspension Overhaul

Integgy95

As of right now, My suspension finally gave way and I am in process of gathering parts for a complete overhaul of my suspension. Right now, I have the Buddy Club Extended Lower Ball Joints, on order are TruHart Sport Struts and TruHart Sport Springs (2.5 drop Front/2.25 drop Rear) and will be replacing Trailing Arm bushings with MOOG bushings as well as KYB Upper Strut Mounts for all 4 sides.

I haven't seen many reviews for the TruHart brand, but I figure that if the CI store is willing to carry them, they must have something to offer. Plus, I'm on a tight budget and needed something cheap as it's my DD and I'm having to cut hours at work to be carted back and forth, so no statements on how I should've gotten Koni Yellows and such. If I had the funds to do so, I would hands down.

I will be writing a review on the TruHart brand after install and a couple hundred miles driving time.

If all this is taken care of, would my 17" wheels be okay with the 2.5" drop? I've seen various articles saying that it's okay and some that say it's not. The wheels are a 17X7 with a 40 offset and will be running 205/40/R17 tires with them.

The car also has a Skunk2 ProPlus camber kit on it as well.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if its too low and rubbing you will need to just roll the fender. I dont have experience with truhart. I would maybe spring for a little more on the suspension bushings. I honestly think if a project is going to be labor intensive to get the best i can afford, so i can avoid lesser brands. Prothane or energy suspension bushings are a very popular choice and they are budget friendly. HardRace is a good brand as well. I think OEM or Mugen bushings are the way to go though.

Integgy95

I will look into the Energy suspension bushings set and maybe I'll get those put in as well. I have read good things about TruHart, but there isn't much around to compare and contrast. I've done my fair amount of emailing to them and they've provided me with quite a bit of information about their products.

They state that their sealed with a double NOK seal to block any dirt or debris from entering the strut, so no bellows required. The struts are roughly an inch shorter than OEM, so with lowering of the car, the suspension keeps much more shock travel than lowering on stock struts. I get from that statement as it allows for a higher drop without the need for extended upper strut mounts. It helps prevent bottoming out in their words.

Their springs are a progressive spring rate and 20% stiffer than stock, which don't sound too aggressive to me.