The Birth Of A Project (Your Opinions)

How Should I Boost my TeG?

• Total voters

Harbeast

Hey, i so just purchased a 1992 Acura Integra GS (1.8 Non-VTEC) , I also have a 2004 civic lx.
Anyway the TEG I bought is going to be my first project car so rather than buying stupid things i dont need or making it look stupid, I want to post a general idea of what i want to do with it and see what "experienced" Acura people can recommend that I do. So please if you read this and have input just lemme know what you think i should do to get this car where I want it!

Cosmetic :
I was thinking of lowering the car down just a tad, and applying a full 3M vinyl car wrap (obsidian black ) and tinting the windows of course. I also want to put some nice mesh rims on the car.
I need advice on what you think.

What size rims look the best on the 2nd gen. Integras in your opinion ?
is 3M vinyl worth it?
should i think of a body kit or does that look tacky?

Performance:
Here is where i just wanna see what different people recommend for a setup , so ill just kinda give you a description of what kinda of speed im looking for. I DONT want a 600hp slammed fart cannon blowing peoples eardrums out. I think HP wise id like to sit anywhere from 200HP- 280HP. Sound wise im not a HUGE fan of the fart cannon sound but i know its probably inevitable anyway, if i could id want a nice sounding lower pitched sound.
What would you recommend that i buy to get that 250HP, with good performance and durability?
What kinda of exhuast do you think would give me that deeper sound? Open to all ideas , or tell
me what you did with your 2Gen! open to engine swaps just tell me what i should do!

Also don't worry about i budget i just want to see how much it would cost and what to do first to do it right!

,Harbeast

DC2-shad

everything you asked for has been mentioned before , research the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paoloDa92

No body kits. I used to own a 1992 DA9 swapped with built GSR (total sleeper).

1.purchase a good coilover system
2.NO BODY KITS
3. you can go with the rep lips even before touching a body kit
4. ek side skirts
5. research you motor build.
Im guessing if its your first time building a car I would suggest to take your time and not rush it. There is so many threads about their builds and what kind of stuff that they do with their cars that you can literally copy some one elses build. So i suggest like everybody else said, go search the forums.

if you ahve any questions feel free to ask me.

dlo253

Can't find a post for a 1992 teg and what they they done with it.
I call bullshit. And second, look at any integra... they all have the same B series engines...
Only way you are gonna hit your desired goals realistically is to boost. So study up. Read the g2ic turbo guide all the way through, THEN come back with any questions you may have. That contains everything you will need to know for boosting your DA.
And def no body kits, and if it was me I would save up for a real paint job instead of vinyl wrap.

Harbeast

Okay i thought bodykits would look weird anyway, what is the value price wise on a motor swap my buddy keeps telling me a K20 or K24a2 swap but that can be pricey the b18a12 i have now it sitting on 255k miles so a motor swap is a def. in the near future

Harbeast

Okay i thought bodykits would look weird anyway, what is the value price wise on a motor swap my buddy keeps telling me a K20 or K24a2 swap but that can be pricey the b18a1 i have now it sitting on 255k miles so a motor swap is a def. in the near future

dlo253

k swap will be thousands of dollars for the motor, and thousands in parts. LOOK it up dude..... it is all here and on other sites. Google is awesome.
You could always rebuild your current motor then boost.
Why did you quote your own post? Lol..