thermostat problem?

mr abero

hello CI can someone help me out and tell me what the problem could be, because when i start my car up let it warm and what not by the time i drive and its cold outside my car drops all the way to the "C" but never overheats during hot seasons.....i was told by others around that its not my thermo....

oemda

That could be it cause my friend doesn't have one and his car just stays cold the entire time.

nemethjames1

maybe you dont have the thermostat in?
when the car is warmed up. feel both hoses. top and bottom..
the thermostat opens when both hoses are about equally hot.
as long as you dont have to worry about smog, i wouldn't complain. better for the engine to run cooler. better HP.

Kinta94

maybe you dont have the thermostat in?
when the car is warmed up. feel both hoses. top and bottom..
the thermostat opens when both hoses are about equally hot.
as long as you dont have to worry about smog, i wouldn't complain. better for the engine to run cooler. better HP.

Wrong please put in a thermostat. your car will never properly heat up to a normal running temperature which is needed to get full power and to have a safe healthy motor.

Put a thermostat in if your missing one it will make your car work as it should. Open up your thermostat housing and see if yours is there and just stuck open or if it is actually gone.

mr abero

well i havent had time to check it today....but another question, this might be a stupid one but is it ok to run without a thermo?