thinking about buying an old integ for commuting purposes but need advice from all

bheng

i did a quick search on integras.

i found an integra. the only problem is that it has high miles on it. its a 1990 integra 3-door hatch. so im assuming it has the b18a1 engine. it has 235,000 mi on the original engine. the engine runs. but the owner said once or twice it doesnt turn on right away at cold start. you might have to try 2 or 3 times before it starts. and there is a clicking noise when you turn.

i already suspect that the clicking noise is from the cv joint.
now i need your advice on the engine. keep in mind, i am not going to invent money to make this the ultimate tuner car. i just want it as a commute mule for now. will it last me quite a bit? i know hondas usually can last well over 200k.

i am planning on doing the work myself, minus the major work needed (timing belt). but im looking to replace a couple of the parts like radiator and stuff. but for the most part do a major tune up. oil change will probably be a must.

i dont need this car to haul ass. just commute from a to b. do you think it can get the job done without me having to dump several thousand in?

bheng

body looks straight. doesnt seem to be any body damage. the car has been primered. and im fine with that.

its going to be an automatic. so clutch issues. and i think its fairly cheep. under a grand obo. ive spoke the owner and he said he can work with the price. so im thinking pretty low.

emd513

yeah just put good oil additives and change our oil every 3000 miles no more. and check the oil every couple of days. you should be fine as long as po didnt hotrod it like crazy

bheng

yeah just put good oil additives and change our oil every 3000 miles no more. and check the oil every couple of days. you should be fine as long as po didnt hotrod it like crazy
i am sure its bone stock. not sure if he pushed it or not but i think it should be fine as long as i performed a major tune up for it.